What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Finally something happening! (Emily Sue)

Five weeks of running and it's finally starting to pay off.

Last week: 73.4kg
This week: 72.7kg
Difference: 700g loss

I did my very first run OUTSIDE yesterday, which was scary and a bit harder too. It was two 8-min runs with a 5-min walk in between, only I did a 9 min run and a 6 min 40 sec run... then my body refused to run one more step.  Next time it's a 20 minute run with no stopping, which terrifies me somewhat.

Also, I've stopped craving chocolate all the time. I've gone from a chocolate bar 5 times a week (yes, really) to one every 10 days or so... not because I'm restricting myself; just because I haven't felt like it. Bonus!
.

4 comments:

Swift Jan said...

Well done!! 700g is awesome!

Hippomanic Jen said...

Wow on the chocodiction reduction. But when I think about it, sometimes when I am exercising it does make me crave better foods and more easily able to say 'no' to the not so good for me stuff. So it does make sense.

Hope you enjoyed the outdoor run. I'm still impressed that you can actually run for more than 6 minutes twice in the one outing. Did it feel better that you'd practised inside so that you didn't feel as unco as I would if I tried running? I'm really not a runner and have huge respect for anyone who can.

Givinya De Elba said...

Me too, Jen!

Well done Emily Sue, I think you're doing really well!

I've been thinking about how to go about timing the walks/runs in C25K. Do you plot out the metres you need to walk/run or do you have a stopwatch, or do you guess? Or does it matter?

Emily Sue said...

Re the C25K timing - obviously on the treadmill I just use the timer, and when I did it outside yesterday I carried my mobile phone and used the stopwatch function. But on the C25K website there are a heap of different podcasts you can download and put on your ipod/mp3 player and they tell you when to walk and when to run. At the moment I'm going purely on time, not distance because my running speed is very slow so 8 minutes of running really isn't far at all for me.