What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

I don't want to talk about it! (HJ)

This week I've been inspired by Femina.

She has demonstrated attention to the duty of her exercise progam, despite the fact that she's not that sold on exercise. I've been empathising with the latter part of that statement and trying to ignore the former.

However, just as if I were a flighty and untrained young horse refusing a fence she (being better motivated and more disciplined) has given me a lead over the unattractive obstacle that is 'starting to exercise again'.

So I'm entirely thanking her for her example and how it has resulted in my having rowed 4 times this week, walked once, and having done one row for next week first up this morning.

But (and there's always a butt - in my case a larger one than this time last year), having decided that I didn't want to get on the scales, curiosity got the better of me during the week and I couldn't help myself.

Ouch.

Can't work out if it is my heaviest ever, because my heaviest ever was worked out on different scales. I don't want to think about it too hard.

What's worse is that it was an additional 100g this morning.

SO, 10 kg to 'stalling weight' and that's about all the goal I've got the energy for at this point.

*Big sigh from Jen*

3 comments:

Emily Sue said...

Thank you for the thanks! For the record, you've done more exercise than me this week... and that's AWESOME.

I would say "forget about the scales" but easier said than done. I weigh every day and I've been patiently waiting for my weight to start dropping since starting this exercise program. It's been going up. And up. And yes, it may be muscle and it may even be water since I'm obviously drinking a lot more, but that's not comforting. So... big hugs! I know it's discouraging, but you're doing a fantastic job deciding to get back to exercising.

Keep going! Love from Emily Sue (formerly known as Femina) xx

Givinya De Elba said...

I don't believe that! All the loss you'd made last year - you still look like that Totally Smokin Hip Jen! There's no way you've put on again. I simply won't believe it.

Skinny Cow.

Hippomanic Jen said...

I'll take a photo and post it, hey? (or not - what an empty threat)