What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Run run run (Femina)

So, I'm still doing the C25K thing. Tonight I'll finish Week 3 and then on Saturday it will be on to Week 4... the week that terrifies everyone because you jump from 3 minute runs to 5 minute runs. Hm. We'll see how that goes.

Finding the motivation to exercise has been a bit harder now that I'm back at work, as is finding the motivation to eat properly and not just have cheese on toast for dinner. I'm still working out whether I would rather exercise at night or in the morning. My head says in the morning but when my alarm goes off my body gives my head a smackdown and tells it to mind its own business. Unfortunately I also don't really want to exercise when I get home from work, so... yeah, still working that one out.

Aaaaand... I'm still heavier than I was when I started. Okay, it's probably muscle gain but boy, it's very discouraging to do loads of strenuous exercise and put on weight.  Sigh. I'll just keep running...

6 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Now, Femina, I will pass on to you and insight from my vast experience - DON'T GO WITH THE SCALES!!!!!

Are you feeling better and more fit generally? Not when you're actually running, but in the rest of your life. Are you sleeping better? Your waistband a trifle more loose? Go with these things.

STAY OFF THE SCALES! I did it. I regret it. Stay with the feeling good thing. (Of course, presuming that you are feeling good).

Why is it so hard to be motivated by exercise? Keep going with this C25K thing, it is a goal that is worthy of the effort.

Femina said...

Actually the only difference I'm noticing is a feeling of pride and achievement, but that's a GOOD feeling. I don't feel any fitter and my clothes fit the same... oh wait, I HAVE noticed that I want to eat more healthy foods, and eating fatty sausages (a favourite of mine) made me feel rather sick the other day, so perhaps my body is getting the hang of this "looking after myself" thing. And of course, I am able to cope with week 3 of C25K, which I couldn't have done three weeks ago, so I guess that means I'm fitter.

I weigh myself every morning. It's just a habit.

Yeah, no idea why motivation is nigh impossible. Somehow I can always motivate myself to eat ice cream, no matter how tired I feel...

Givinya De Elba said...

Well done! You are my guru. I agree - when you start looking after yourself, your body doesn't feel like junk food quite so much.

Soooo... C25K - do you think it will kill me?

I'll keep walking for the time being. But I'm still thinking about running.

Femina said...

Well, it hasn't killed ME yet and I'm heavier than you... but I still have a few weeks to go, so stay tuned! ;)

Hippomanic Jen said...

I think it is great that someone has worked out a challenging, but not impossible, way of increasing your fitness. Apart from the fact that I don't run, it sounds good.

And I am so proud of you for getting to week three!

Hippomanic Jen said...

Just went out and checked out the program. I think I would die, but I was very encouraged that at the end of week 9 you can celebrate your final workout.

I take it that that means that you don't have to do it anymore?

No?