What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

And so it goes (HJ)

This week I had a secret exercise plan.

I bought the Zumba videos (largely with my play money), and have backed a session onto the 40 mins rowing on at least three occasions this week.

I figured backing them on meant that my heart-rate was already at fat burning stage, so that I would be doing wonders for weightloss this week.

And despite missing one row this week, I figured I'd done enough to cover for the few naughties that snuck in due to shopping trips to neighbouring large centres.

Plus if there is any week in the month I'm likely to have a big drop, this was it. So it was with great hopefullness that I stepped on the scales this week.

Weight
Last week: 77.4kg
This week: 77.7kg
Change: 0.3kg GAIN
Total Loss: 3.4kg

Waist
Last week: 95cm
This week: 94.5cm
Change: 0.5cm LOSS
Total Loss: 4.5cm (and my clothes were so tight when I started that they're not even falling down yet, although they are getting a little loose.)

I'm a bit peeved. But although I've been regular with me exercise, I haven't been particularly good with what I've been eating. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised, right?

Trying to hold onto the fact that I'm feeling stronger, and I can touch my toes more easily than I could at 16. That's got to be an improvement.

And one day the muscle I've been working on will start burning fat while I'm at rest, right? (Although at this point I'd like it if it would burn fat while I was exercising.)

Love to you all,
One seriously irritated equine-lover.

5 comments:

Loony Lace Lady said...

I am really sorry that ALL that exercise isn't doing the right thing for you. The effect must build up and give you a really big surprise soon. Keep at it, the effort is worthwhile in the long run. You can even see your toes now.

Givinya De Elba said...

This is totally absurd. You are putting in a massive amount of effort and the results aren't obeying. I am cranky for you. And I have finally lost all belief in the myth of weight loss. If you can't do it with all your rowing and Zumbaing, I have no hope.

Givinya De Elba said...

That's probably not the thing to say at OSC, but it's how I feel about the whole thing! I really don't think that the occasional naughty is all that bad, and you've done so much exercise!

Humph. Maybe there's a famine coming? We'll be set.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Bring on the famine - except that my Beloved just doesn't have the reserves he'd need.

Emily Sue said...

Don't worry - in the event of famine your Beloved can eat all of the Skinny Cowgirls who have been exercising heaps and not losing weight!