What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

The year that was. LLL

I will be away next week so this is my only chance for a review. I started the year weighing about 72.5kg, you notice the about, the numbers were too bad and the measurements that went with it were equally bad, so I didn't record or plan to remember them.
As holidays were approaching I planned to get fit. So many times I had tried to lose weight and only managed to add more, so this was a change. I started getting fit to climb 282 steps, that was the challenge. Well I had lost approx 1.5kg and could climb 300 steps and was doing well, when I encountered a dog. Gone were any steps let alone 282 and I spent about 5 months sitting. I tried to watch what I ate and hoped to maintain the loss. I did.
When I started exercising my leg slowly at first I found to my surprise that again my weight was going down. I did have a couple of trips away that messed it up but by the time I joined you skinny cows I had lost another 1kg. So for the year that gave me a 2.5kg approx start.
I know you have been watching my loss since then, so today the scales played my game. They read today 66.7kg. That is a loss of .8kg in 2 weeks. That also explains why the scales had trouble last week, I have had 2 losses so that means a bounce up also.
So for this year I have lost about 5 1/2kg. I am surprised and happy with that as I spent so much time sitting.(and I still am, my leg is presently up on the chair beside me).
I would like to think that this time next year I will be where I want to be. I know I had said that I would think about 60kg, but I have now decided that I should aim for 55kg.
So that is me for the year. I am not going to allow Christmas to blow me out although a trip away for a few days may be bad, the family load on carbs and that is bad for me. So I may have to keep off the carby food and stay hungry.
I wish you all the best of the season, and may you not have heavy problems in the next week. Think skinny and see if it works.
I will see you all again in the new year.

2 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Well done, Mumsy!

I think you should still aim for 60kg and then you'd feel all holy and successful when you'd reached it - and could then aim for the 55kg if you wanted.

Plus 60kg is only 66.whatever kg away. Much more doable.

I'll be watching you tomorrow. And the next day. and the day after that.

Emily Sue said...

55kg is not very much. Unless your bones are made of balsa wood.

Well done on a great year, though! Given the incident-which-shall-not-be-mentioned (at least by me, who is terrified of... those animals...) it's fantastic that you've managed to keep losing weight and build up your exercise again. You're an inspiration!