What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Weigh in (Emily Sue)

Before getting to the actual weight details I'd like to brag about the exercise I've been doing. I have done some exercise every single day for the past 23 days. Most days this has involved getting out of bed at 5.30am. Admittedly, on Friday I only managed 5 minutes of a workout before my body decided it wasn't going to happen, but I did go for a walk later in the day.

I have also just re-started C25K with a friend. We finished Week 1 this morning. When I did it last time (although I only got to Week 5 before injury struck) I was doing it on my treadmill. Now I'm doing it outside and it's a whole different ball game. Harder in some ways, easier in others. Definitely easier to be doing it with a friend.

So, today's weigh in:

Last week: 70.2kg
Today: 69.7kg
Difference: 500g
Running total: 7.3kg... which means I only have 400g to go before I've lost 10% of my starting weight. Hopefully that will be next week... fingers and toes crossed.

I don't think I've been under 70kg in about 5 years at least (probably more) so I am feeling very happy today. I know I'm only JUST under it but who cares? Under is under.
.

3 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Wooo Hoooo! Well done, you!

Congratulations on the exercise. I am so proud of you for doing 23 days straight, and also knowing when your body needs the break/isn't up to a particular form of exercise today.

Even more proud when I reflect on the hard emotional work you've been doing. It would be easy to sleep in or not bother under those circumstances.

I'm glad you've found a friend to C25K with. Outdoors is supposed to be healthy, too. Breathe in that carbon monox... fresh air!

And 500g is pretty fair progress.

An even bigger Wooo Hoooo! about getting under the magic 7-0 (and 69.9 is JUST under, 69.7 is there by miles!)

I am now officially jealous of your progress. In a good way - you've been spurring me on. More so now I realise that you're getting somewhere for all your hard work. If I can keep up the exercise I might see the underneath of 70kgs again, too.

Run, Emily Sue, Run.

Givinya De Elba said...

Oh. My. Goodness. You are doing SO WELL!! You inspire me.

Loony Lace Lady said...

What a magic number that is to be below. It always feels good to get under the round numbers. You are doing really well and good on you for all those exercise days. Glad you found a friend, it will progress better with help. Sorry I haven't commented before but I haven't looked at blogs for some days.