What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cheeseless (GdeE)

This all-or-nothing thing is working pretty well!  I think if someone offered me some dip right now, I'd feel ill.  I was thinking of a cheese ball the other day (usually I can't get enough of the cheese ball!) and I thought, "Yuck.  No way."  For someone with no self-control, suddenly finding that you don't like food like dip and cheese balls is a huge boost to the diet!

My recent decision not to have sugar in my tea was prompted because in the week leading up to the decision, I had rapidly increased my cups of tea to maybe five per day.  This was previously unheard of for me, and I think the rapid increase in tea-chugging was due to a strong desire for the sugar.  As soon as I cut sugar out, I didn't feel like tea much.  Now, I am having a cup every two or three days and the rest of the time I am enjoying more water.

I know that this was never a choice I'd make for ever.  I only said I'd do it for the six weeks leading up to Christmas, but that time is nearly over and that makes me sad.  I've enjoyed these changes!

But I might not enjoy yesterday's new rule!

Take my affinity for dip, and multiply it by a Big Number.  That's my affinity for cheese.  I've always loved cheese.  I eat too much cheese, particularly on crackers for morning or afternoon tea (curse morning and afternoon tea!  I never used to chug calories mid-morning and mid-afternoon the way I do now!  I reluctantly introduced M & A Tea because of my children's need to eat more often, but it's not good for me!)

I am half a step away from having an all-or-nothing rule allowing myself only Zero-Points Weight Watchers food only.  We have heaps growing in our garden and it tastes great!

For this last week leading up to Christmas however, I am going to have no cheese on crackers or bread.  I don't think it's reasonable to cut it out of cooking altogether (imagine a risotto without parmesan!) but I will certainly have no cheese in those high calorie, high-fat M & A Tea snacks.

Today I gave my girl crackers with cheese and tomato.  There was a time when I would have thought that without the cheese, it wasn't worth eating, but today I had crackers and tomato only, and yum!  Less cheese is totally doable.  So I shall do it.

Maybe after Christmas, I'll have a Zero-Points Morning and Afternoon Tea Policy?  The Christmas Elf is giving me some bathroom scales that work, and I'd be interested to see if they record any change in the future, despite my insistent unbelief in the myth of weight loss.

Onwards and cheeseless.

2 comments:

Emily Sue said...

Okay, for a minute there I thought you meant you were going to zero point WW foods for EVERY meal. I was all ready to come up there and slap you around. Then I realised you meant for morning and afternoon tea only. That's okay then. I still wouldn't be able to do it myself - sometimes 1/3 of my points for the day are spent on snacks, because I am a grazer - but good on you if you can. And remember, under the new WW ProPoints plan, all fruit is zero.

Also, at first glance I read this post as "Cheerless"...

Hippomanic Jen said...

I will support you in your plan to eliminate cheese. But for the purposes of my house cheese is a healthy food. Please don't talk about how much fat it has in it. It made Clara well, after all! So at your house, it is evil, but here it is good. Does that work?