What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Friday, December 10, 2010

shock, Loony Lace Lady

Well this has been a bad week. Saturday night was a 3 course meal, when you have already paid a high price you must eat everything and not waste any money. It was a good meal and lovely company so that was an accounted for blowout.
Monday morning we heard that we had (at last 8 days late) a new granddaughter. Well we had to visit as soon as possible. So Tuesday we headed up there for a visit. We met No1 granddaughter and son for lunch, a treat for Miss Muffett at McDonalds, now there isn't much that a wheat intolerant person can eat. So fries it was and coffee. Then for dinner we had never had the gourmet pizza. So that was the menu, remember I watch carbs. So that was overload for the day. Oh I didn't mention gelati did I? Caloundra has the best place we have ever found so it is a must for each visit.
Wednesday night was a wonderful Thai place with noodles and of course the gelati shop followed, so you can see that my week has been a food nightmare. To counteract all that the exercise has been non-existant. Unless you count walking to the gelati shop.
I thought a couple of days to settle before weighing would be good, but decided this a.m. to see how much settling was needed. This is where the shock comes in, I have, would you believe, LOST 200g for the week. Now how did that happen? Must have been left over from the previous exercise.
So that takes me to 67.5kg. Walking will resume as of today. My leg has also been telling me that I haven't walked and has been sore again.
So that is where I am for this week.

5 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Blerrrgh... What?!?

That is so not fair!

I'm so happy for you.

Emily Sue said...

Err.. you know, when you have paid for a meal it is YOURS and therefore you may do what you want with it. That means you are free to stop eating when you are full, even if there is food left on your plate. You are not obliged to force-feed yourself. :)

Congratulations on the 200g. If I find, tomorrow, that I too have lost weight after a week of doing the right things then I will be back to congratulate you more warmly. Haha.

Emily Sue said...

No, seriously, you're doing really well!

Givinya De Elba said...

Emily Sue, you're funny! Well Done LLL, I think you're amazing. I haven't been able to find child-free non-middle-of-the-night time to do any exercise, so it's just the day-to-day racing around that I'm getting. (Any time I take the double stroller for a walk, I nearly kill myself getting back home. It's not a solution.)

I have been eating quite well and now my fat pants are snug again. I don't actually believe in weight loss any more. Stories like yours keep me holding on to the last shred of faith I have.

Loony Lace Lady said...

I don't want to rub it in, but I forgot to mention the all day party I attended on Monday, I ate for morning and afternoon tea and lunch as well. we had a great day and I expected the worst after it. So something is going right.