What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's a start (Swift Jan)

I wanted to go for a walk this morning but Swift Jim didn't wake me up. Well thats my excuse anyhow!! Heh!
I did do my quoto at the grocery shop though I think. I had a double trolley. The sort that you can sit 2 toddlers in. So between the two of my children there was already 35 kilos in the trolley before the groceries started piling in. I pushed that lug of a trolley around for a good hour. Filling it with reasonable food. Lots of fruit & vegies etc.
I also stopped in front of the freezer section to find those Skinny Cow Ice creams that LDHBE told us about yesterday. I havn't tried them yet, I will wait until tonight when Swift Jim is home & he can help me decide if they are any good or not.
Today is a better day. The scales can only go down now right?!

3 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Well done on pushing a 35kg plus trolley around for about an hour. And buying all those yummy fruit and vegetables. And Skinny Cow ice-cream - I looked at the website and liked the fact that they are only small. It's all about portion size (unless that spurs you to eat 2 - I tell you, I could do it!).

Well done!

Femina said...

Good on you for starting and for pushing that trolley around! I'm trying to resist the Skinny Cow ice creams because I have ZERO self control with ice cream.

Swift Jan said...

the beauty about the ice creams is that they are small & there is only 4 in a packet. So if you do happen to eat them all (which normally I would do easily) it isn't that bad! They are really low in sugar & fat! WOO HOO

Not that I plan on eating them all today! LOL