What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Weigh-In Wednesday (Femina)

I finally got batteries for my scales and weighed myself this morning. Hmmm. I'm about 5kg heavier than I thought I was, and only 9kg off my heaviest weight ever (ie, the weight that sent me scurrying off to Weight Watchers a few years ago). I haven't put in a huge effort this week, but I might try harder now that I know what I'm dealing with! :)

One of the big barriers for me - and probably for a lot of women - is emotional eating. If you've read my other blog you'll know I've been struggling with depression. I'm fine now (feeling great, actually) but the depression was triggered by trying to deal with some significant trauma that happened when I was younger. I have a truly awesome counsellor and things are going really well, but the healing process can be long and slow and there are plenty of ups and downs. And unfortunately a 'good' week from a healing/progress point of view often means a pretty hard week from an emotional point of view... and then I want chocolate! I'm far more aware now of what are my triggers and I've been careful to eliminate chocolate and other junk food from my house. Unfortunately they still sell it in shops - perhaps I need to make a poster saying "Do not sell chocolate to this woman" and give it to all the local milk bars...

My goals for this week are:
  • Go to the gym at least twice
  • Walk in my lunch break at least three days this week
  • Make poster for milk bars (just kidding)
Hope you all have a good Skinny Cow week!

6 comments:

Dee said...

Instead of the poster, get Le to do a shirt - Operation Skinny Cow - no chocolate please!
LOL

Femina said...

Great idea! Except I suspect it might get ... ummm... "lost" at the bottom of my ironing basket.

Swift Jan said...

I like the idea of that shirt!!

Dont worry femina... I understand the shock of finding out you are heavier than you thought you were! ((hugs)) I also understand about emotional eating!
Have a good week

Le said...

Shirt is on it's way :) No iron tees - hang on a hanger to dry and ready to go :)

I too am a stress eater - so I am hoping leaving the rotten job will help - oh until the money worries over come us .... hugs le

ps I am blaming the rotten job for the last 5kgs ...

Givinya De Elba said...

Hi Femina, I'm so glad that you're feeling great. Winning the battle with depression must be a huge part of taking hold of weight I guess.

I love your chocolate posters.

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

after you make your posters I think I might photocopy them for myself!

sadly the vending machine at work probably wouldn't pay any attention to them would it?