What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Weigh-in Wednesday (Swift Jan)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :(

I weighed. It was incredibly depressing.
Last Monday I was 1 kilo off my heaviest weight. Today I am my heaviest weight ever!
I stepped on the scales.... it flashed between 84, 86, 87, 90, then settled on 87.6kg..... :(
Oh how dreadful!! I swore I would never go back to it.... here I am!!
So today, what have I done about it? I have had McD's for lunch & had 2, Yep 2 chocolate bars! :(
It is a depressing day for me. I know what I SHOULD be doing & yet I cant bring myself to do it.
I dont want to be fat forever. I used to be so thin.... It felt good to be thin.
*sigh*
Tomorrow I will move. I will walk in the morning & I will eat well.
This is likely to be an up & down journey for me. So please bare with me....

Goal:
To be able to wear fashionable clothes well. Ideally I'd like to weigh about 70kg. Thats a size 12-14. I would be happy with that. I understand that after having 2 children, being a size 8-10 again is near impossible. I am ok with that.

3 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Guess what? We're all here to support you! ...Well, maybe not physically because frankly I have no upper body strength - but I'm working on it. :)

I am only 1kg off my heaviest ever. I'm glad I didn't get back to it, but it was close. We thought up Operation Skinny Cow just in time for me, and not quite soon enough for you. I'm sorry.

You have kids. I can't imagine the strain that puts on the female body, and the fact that you are time limited. It would be very difficult to plan the day when you have unexpected disruptions. And you can't just put on shoes, grab the dog's lead and go. You have to plan, and/or take the kids with you. So anything you can do is worth twice what my weight-loss work is worth. (Mind you, carting around small children has GOT to do something for you!)

I hope your tomorrow is better. I hope all your tomorrows are better.

Why is it that depressing numbers like that (not the numbers themselves, but what they represent, i.e. the heaviest I've ever been) puts us in such a bad frame of mind? Then I want to eat. Chocolate. And I am not motivated to exercise. And nothing gets better.

When I've exercised I don't feel like eating naughties so much - I don't want to ruin all my hard work.

There's something terribly wrong with the way those two statements work.

I think you're brave to post actual kilos. Yes, I'll post a photo, but I can't admit to the numbers in public. Not even in cyberspace. Not even to my most trusted bovine buddies.

Swift Jan said...

Thanks Jen...

Femina said...

When I joined Weight Watchers a few years ago it was because of a horrible fat photo of myself. My reaction to seeing the photo? I ate KFC three times that week and had a chocolate bar every day. THEN I joined weight watchers... weighing in at 81kg, my heaviest ever.

It's not fun and your reaction is entirely normal! Remember this is a SUPPORT blog, which means it's safe to tell us about your bad days as well as your good days. There'll be both of those for all of us. (Hmmm... maybe we should have called it Operation Skinny Camel, to represent the humps and valleys...)

Hang in there... and don't beat yourself up. :)