What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New links

Hi all,

I've added some links over to the side, with some useful information about weight loss in general, healthy weight ranges, a 'weight loss myths' quiz and nutrition info, as well as info about self-esteem and body image issues for men and women. Losing weight is usually a psychological battle as much as physical, so it's good to make sure we're taking care of ourselves in all ways.

Also, please check out the healthy weight range link, just to make sure your goal weight is a sensible and achievable one.

End of lecture.

Take care this week, and remember we're always here for encouragement and support, so don't feel like you have to wait a whole week to post if you need a boost!


4 comments:

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

Thanks for setting up the blog and adding that info Femina.

I just checked my goal weight and apparently I could lose an extra 10 kg after that and still be in the healthy weight range.

Femina said...

If your goal weight is in your healthy weight range and you're happy with that weight then that's all that matters. When I did Weight Watchers several years ago I stopped before my goal weight because I was in my healthy range and was happy with my size and weight.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Thanks for the links, good idea. I could lose more than I'm intending, too, but don't want to think about it right now. I'll be happy with getting back into the healthy BMI range.

Hippomanic Jen said...

I've checked some of them out and there's some really good stuff.