What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Weigh-in Wednesday (Long dark hair, blue eyes)

Ok here goes...

I weighed in this morning. Actually I weigh myself ever morning. I have a ritual. I get up, I go to the bathroom and I weight myself, then I have a shower and reflect on my weight. Some days that is a dreadful way to start the day but other days it isn't too bad.

I have 6.6 kilograms left to lose to reach my goal weight.

BUT
It has been six years since I was at my goal weight. And generally when I try to get to it I get within 2-4 kilos of it then stop trying. And after I stop trying I start putting on weight again.

WHY?
My biggest problem is that I look fine. I am tall (for a lass) so I carry my weight well. That is a really bad thing because I carry most of my weight around my stomach which means it is surrounding my organs. This is the worst place to store fat.

So looking fine is not good enough. I need to look good. I need to look good for me. I need to look good for my husband. I need to look good for my friends and family and colleagues because they deserve to see me at my best!

I deserve to look and feel my best!!!!


OK after that rant - now I feel motivated :)

Food

So far today I have been eating well. I had fruit for breakfast, a salad sandwich for lunch and will have rice and veges for dinner.

Exercise






enough said - I am not going to have time until the weekend. I will go for a walk on Saturday and Sunday.

GOAL
My goal is to return to the weight I was when I got married.

My concerns
  • That I will get to within a few kilograms of my goal weight and stop trying
  • That my goal weight is not sustainable
  • That my weight will yoyo my whole life and I will never feel like I am in control of it
Thanks
In advance I would like to thank you all for the support that you have and will give me in reaching my goal.

In case you didn't notice I am a glass half full type of gal.

We can do this ladies!!! Goal weight here we come!

2 comments:

Femina said...

Women store fat around their organs because it helps protect them. It's the way we're designed. This doesn't help when I'm trying to look good in a pair of jeans, though! :)

Hippomanic Jen said...

I also get to certain numbers and give up. More usually because I've run out of steam than anything else. My first two 'grades' are weights that I've previously given up at.

Why do we do it?