What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

My husband went shopping ... (Givinya)

And there was a special.



THIS HERE is one of my obstacles, people! I have walked past that special all week. I figure that I don't need them. If they grace my pantry, I'd only eat far too many and regret it.

So with the willpower I do possess, I left them at the supermarket every single visit. And here they are in my pantry!

Now watch me battle with the willpower I don't possess.

3 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Oh, what do you do?

Can you take all his money off him so that he can't buy anything? Don't ever allow him to go into a shop? Tie him up in his study? Keep him on Puppity Doggity's leash whenever he goes out? Explain to all the local checkout chicks that he's developmentally delayed and he's not allowed to buy junk food? Get Puppity Doggity to bury it all in the back yard? Get Puppity Doggity to EAT them? Slay him and get Puppity Doggity to bury him in the backyard? ...But you'd better tell him he's got to eat them all. Right now!

Maybe we could support you:- Before you eat a biscuit you must post, and then you need three people to approve it in the comments before you're allowed to have it. Hopefully by the time you get three comments it's way past being a temptation. No? I just thought I'd suggest it.

I know what you mean, though. It's hard if there's food in the house. Shopping trips can be much more Will-powered than being at home during a weak moment.

Givinya De Elba said...

I sometimes feel a bit frustrated. I am deliberately eliminating weak spots, only to have my best efforts stymied.

Well, I must say that with a few healthy meals and drinking more water, I don't really feel like eating any. A good start.

Femina said...

Oh dear. Good that he has an eye for a special, I guess. Could you get him to hide them?? I understand the no willpower thing. There are some foods I just won't have in the house because I'll scoff down the whole lot at once and then go looking for more.