What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Weigh-in-Wednesday (Dee)

Having only just started here, I won't do any measurements. I have yet to go measure all my problem areas too, so there is no data anyway. I know what I weigh, but weight is not the issue for me really, fitness is.

Yesterday, I mowed the lawn. It took about an hour, so that was some good exercise and a chore done to boot. At the steep part of the yard, I decided to do it the "hard" way, by pushing the mower straight up and down, instead of the easy way, across the slope, to get a bit of benefit from the chore.

Now today, everything aches! Boy, I am really unfit.

We made healthy icypoles yesterday, SPC Fruit Salad in Summer Juice (tinned fruit) blended with Nemo Yoghurt and put into icypole cups. (Ok, you don't need to use Nemo Yoghurt, any will do.. hee hee...). They were delicious.

5 comments:

Femina said...

Wow - good on you for doing the mowing the hard way! You can use that as an indicator of fitness... once it gets easier you know you've improved.

I bought a manual mower to do my lawn (it's tiny - with a proper mower it takes 15 minutes tops) and that's great exercise. Unfortunately it's not terribly effective so the lawn still looks awful but at least my arms and legs know the difference! :D

Swift Jan said...

Mowing is the husbands job around here. I am too scared of the mower!! LOL
Those icypoles sound delish!

Le said...

Ya Dee - fine effort !!

Givinya De Elba said...

Well done Dee. I used to mow too, and it was great exercise. We have a bit of lawn, too!

I think I'd get back into it if I got a new mower with a push-start button and new sharp blades.

Which is what I really want for Christmas, but nobody gives Mummy a mower for Christmas. It sounds wrong, somehow.

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

don't you just hate it when you use muscles that have been...umm...resting for a while?

I did the same thing with an exercise tape a few months ago - I did about 80 to many lunges and boy did I pay for it.