What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Weigh-In Wednesday (femina)

This hasn't started well - I went to weigh myself this morning and discovered that my electronic scales require new batteries. Hmmm... obviously haven't done this for a while. Not to worry; I'll fill that bit in later. In the meantime, here's my plan:

Big Goal: Lose 8 kilos (I think... I'll update after I work out what I weigh) and fit into size 12 clothes
This week's goals: Get back into the habit of going to the gym / Bring vegetables back into my life (!)
Exercise plan: Gym twice a week / three times if I'm particularly inspired
Reward for reaching Big Goal: Haven't decided this yet...
My weaknesses: BBQ chips, bacon, chocolate (3 or 4 times a week...)

You don't have to follow this pattern when making your Weigh-In Wednesday entry; this is just what works for me. My goal this week isn't weight-oriented - ie, I haven't said "I want to lose a kilo this week" - because my goal is to kick off the process by developing better habits and a different midset.

That's it from me. Happy Weigh-In Wednesday, everyone!

ps... When making your entry, it would be helpful to put your name (Blogger name, that is) in the title of the post AND in the labels - that way it's easy to track your own progress simply by clicking the label.


2 comments:

Swift Jan said...

Good morning! I have left us a surprise on my blog ;)

Hippomanic Jen said...

Good start. I agree that this whole operation is aimed at achieving a changed mindset. The numbers on the scales or tape measure really only give us a measurable way to rate our progress. I guess a diary entry of avoiding those naughty foods or that we did meet our exercise goals would also be measurable - but lets face it, I want to get rid of a few centimetres/kilos too.

Here's to sustainability and achievable goals!