What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Weigh-In After Camp and the part of my brain sitting in the corner (Manda)

Last week: 72
This week: 71.3
Change: a loss of .7
Total loss so far: a loss of 4.7 kilos

Note: I'm almost at 5 kilos, which is my next reward point.

Did I achieve my goal (eating good portions and lots of vegies, being sensible with my sugar)? Not exactly. My portions were pretty good but I also ate every time we were served dessert (once at dinner, once at supper) and lots of cordial.

About halfway through I realised my subconscious had its own mission all along - to eat as much as everyone else was eating. It was amazing how quickly I gave up on the sugar-limiting, but on the other hand, I wasn't bothered by it as I needed to drink something, and cordial was what we had.

So on one hand, Naughty Subconscious! And Naughty Conscious for not bothering to regulate it! Go and sit in the corner for one minute until you are ready to apologise.

On the other - hooray! I got through camp without superbingeing, and I didn't make my diet an obsession that made me hard to live with for a week.

Now back on the conscious-horse.

4 comments:

Femina said...

I'd congratulate you except I've just realised how much less than me you weigh now. Plus you're taller, which makes me look all roly poly and dumpy... so I think I'm obliged to hate you (but in a loving, encouraging, skinny cow way).

No, I kid - I still love you! Just don't sit next to me at staff meetings, okay? :)

Ooh, the word verification is "gloutwit". I'm going to start using it... as in, "Oh, that person is such a gloutwit."

Hippomanic Jen said...

Well done Manda! I'm so glad that you made it through camp with a loss, and that you didn't super-binge.

I on the other hand have had a slight hiccup this week. Bad emotional health day on Tuesday that lead to medicating myself with food. For three days. NOT looking forward to Saturday.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Oh, and I like gloutwit, too.

Givinya De Elba said...

I love that you reprimand your subconscious and conscious by sitting them in the corner. I think I might try it!

Nearly 5kg! Well done!