What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Weight loss ticker

Hi all. I just wanted to let you know about a site called Ticker Factory. It was originally a fertility/pregnancy site for people to count down to the birth of their child but the tickers are multi-purpose so you can count down to any event. They also have a weight-loss ticker, where you can create the ticker, put it on your blog or webpage and click back on it to update your stats every time you weigh yourself. And the good news is, you DON'T have to display your weight on your blog. You can just show the amount you want to lose and how far along you are towards your goal. Oh, and you can add in retrospective weigh-ins so if you set it up now it will show your weight loss to date.

I've added it to my blog (towards the bottom of the page) if you want to see what it looks like.

9 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

I'd like to see my ticker. It would go up and up and up ...

Femina said...

Well of course I entered my 'starting weight' as what it was after I put on weight (after my parents visited). Because then it showed a loss two weeks later. If I entered my weight from when OSC started the ticker would be travelling backwards.

Hippomanic Jen said...

I've actually had one on my website since my original "Honesty" post when I decided to lose the 16kg. For some reason I never thought to talk about it, and it is at the very bottom of my page, so that (hopefully) no-one would ever see it. It's sort of stalled at nearly half-way, and I ...err... haven't bothered updating it for the last couple of weeks! (for some reason!) :)

I think yours is pretty. I like the way they are so customizeable.

Femina said...

Of course you did. I should have known... we are the same person, I swear. Don't believe me? Think about it - are we ever in the same room together??

Hippomanic Jen said...

Good point. Fortunately we DID pick different themes for our tickers. (Yep, the city skyline was my second choice - I went with flowers).

I dare you to put your ticker on Skinny Cow. If you do, I'll... I'll... put mine up too?

Hippomanic Jen said...

Actually, Givinya - your ticker would go up and down, up and down, depending on your scales!!

Femina said...

I would put my ticker on OSC but it would hardly be fair since you and I are the only ones who could do it (being the only admins). So while I'd LIKE to... :D

Hippomanic Jen said...

Good Call!!

Hippomanic Jen said...

Although it does occur to me that other people could email the html code to you, then it could be added here and would automatically update. (he,he,he)