What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Weigh-In Thursday (Givinya)

I didn't dream about weighing in, I just did it in real life! 66.8 kg! This means I'm pretty much holding my weight, despite Thingamababy and all the associated fatnesses in various spots! Yay!

This is usual for me in pregnancy:

Step 1: Gain baby and lose fat.
Step 2: Give birth and look awesome.
Step 3: Eat a whole lot of unwise stuff and start resembling Mrs Flushpool: "a collection of plastic bags half-filled with water."

Please may Operation Skinny Cow still be around for me in the second half of 2009. That's when the rubber will hit the road.

5 comments:

Manda said...

I am so glad you're sticking around! When is Thingimababy due?

Femina said...

Given that I've been doing exactly NOTHING to get the weight-loss train going, I can assure you that OSC will be here for a long time yet. When you're trying to lose baby weight I'll still be putting up posts saying "Total weight loss in last 12 months - 400g". :)

Femina said...

Also - awesome Adrian Plass reference!

Hippomanic Jen said...

Yes. Skinny Cow will be around. Hopefully I will still be on the band wagon and not have decided to just go and buy some tent dresses and put up with the extra weight.

Can't believe this pregnancy thing is working so well for you - although you did mention spewing on Killing a Fly. Does this mean that you've got some kind of subconscious pregnancy bulimia?

Givinya De Elba said...

The last two pregnancies, I threw up so many times I couldn't keep count. This time - once! And that was only due to The Incident Of The Raw Meat.

So I've been wondering if the non-increasing weight phenomenon was due to the throwing up, rather than a change in metabolism.

Apparently not.