What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Weigh-In Wednesday (Manda)

Last week: 71.6
This week: 72.0
Change: a gain of .4
Total loss so far: 4 kilos

Ahh, well.

What I did last week: Ate a lot.
What I'll do this week: Eat a lot of vegetables and use portion-control as I'm at a large camp all week, working really hard and eating prepared food. I'll also be sensible about my sugar.

Please pray for me!

Or don't - perhaps I'm just being a sook. In that case, feel free to pray that I am not so sooky at camp. And that I don't give up in the middle and eat three desserts per meal...

6 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

All the best with portion control at camp. I don't think praying about it makes you sooky. Either that, or you're in good company! :)

Femina said...

You're not sooky but I'll be praying for you anyway, babe! Is it bad that my eyes lit up when I read the bit about eating three desserts per meal?

Givinya De Elba said...

Errr ... at a "large camp" all week? Like as in a Fat Camp? You don't need a fat camp! You're only 70ish kilos!

Or like a different sort of camp with large numbers of people? Hm maybe that was it.

Although you've given me an idea for an Operation Skinny Cow getaway for all us girls, our very own private fat camp. Cool!

And you'd all lose lots of weight because I'd sneak out after bedtime and eat all our supplies.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Givinya, you are cracking me up! Of course, the company would make up for the food!

Femina said...

Givinya, you'd be fighting me for the supplies. Don't get between a Not-Yet-Skinny Cow and her Caramello Koalas.

Actually I'm pretty good at admin type stuff (given that it's what I do for a living) so I'd be MORE than happy to take on the task of organising the food supplies. And, you know... looking after them and stuff....

Hehe... I've just realised I'm assuming that we'd be bringing Caramello Koalas to our OSC Fat Camp. Yeah, I think it's safe to say I haven't had that "mindset change" you're supposed to develop.

Hippomanic Jen said...

You lot are hilarious. Just what I needed after a trying day.