What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Weigh-In Wednesday (Eizelby)

Two weeks ago: 73kg

Today: 71.9kg

So: A loss of 1.1kg


I'm pretty happy with this, and quite surprised, since the last time I weighed myself (last Wednesday night, after a week of being extremely naughty at the so-called "large camp" Manda and I were at), I was at 74.3.  I don't quite understand how my weight can fluctuate so much as this, depending on what I eat and how many times I go to the toilet it can be almost a kilo in difference!  So I don't really know what to believe.  But I don't mind the stat above, so who am I to question it?  I'll save that for when it says I've put on two kgs in one day. :)


How am I going with the plan so far?

For the first week I was on here, I immediately set off for a summer camp where I looked after some little kids for a week.  Not the most lazy holiday one can imagine!  However, I was eating a LOT, and not getting my regular walk in, so by the end of the second day I was already feeling very heavy.  Luckily, that was just when the weather got nicer, and we started swimming in the ocean and the pool for the last few days, and I limited myself to only two deserts per day.  I know, I'm wonderful at the whole self-restriction thing ...


I haven't gone to the gym yet.  Saturday morning pump class shall be an eye-opener to say the least.  I plan on going to the pool today or tomorrow (or both), and the weather will certainly be a motivator in that!


Okay, now that I've weighed myself, time for breaky!

3 comments:

Femina said...

Well done! Considering what the last fortnight has been like that's a great result.

I'm not going near the scales this week. If I don't weigh, it doesn't exist...

Eizelby said...

That's the spirit! Denial is the secret key to weight loss. Well ... denying yourself lollies is, anyway.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Well done on the weight loss. I'm so proud of you for denying yourself that third dessert! If I saw a third dessert it would probably disappear magically.

Sorry about the heat down that away, I hope you survive - although isn't a sauna good for weight loss?