What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

1.3kg / 7 days (Day 4)

I rowed for 45 minutes this morning. I was a little stiff in the shoulders after yesterday's effort, but it wore off as I went.

When I went to grab some fresh vegies at the supermarket I fantasised about bakeries and Chicken McNuggets and fries dipped in Sweet 'n' Sour sauce. I did not have them.

I decided that next week I'm going back on the antihistamines so that I can eat whatever I want over Christmas and New Year. I won't be eating everything that's offered - I'll try to be selective, but it's CHRISTMAS, people!!! This is dangerous because I know I'm very capable of eating everything in sight and putting back on all the kilos that have gone. It is not going to happen.

I sat down at lunch time and my treat of a handful of chips turned into a 1/3 of a packet. They were goooood. And crunchy. And salty.

Then I fell asleep in my lounge chair.

I've just spent a few minutes staring at my happy fabrics that will soon become new clothes trying to get some enthusiasm for exercise.

I just don't know when to push it, and when my body actually does need a break.

At least I'm sleeping well.

EVENING UPDATE:
I did another 40 mins on the rower. I took it easy to see how much I could do. I'm feeling a little better about life now and I'm not so stiff. I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

You are so going to wipe the floor with me and my adipose tissue.

Femina said...

If you don't hit the 1.3kg it certainly won't be from lack of effort - you're amazing!