What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Weigh-in Wthursday (Manda)

I haven't had the best week. It's been a mammoth week at work, due to my responsibilities as party-organiser (definitely not one of my strengths) on Saturday and service-organiser (a lot closer to home, but still a big job) on Sunday, and playing at a Carols night on Sunday night, right when I was ready to drop dead.

It really affected me. I couldn't sleep properly, was terrible at basketball on Tuesday (the ball literally slipped through my fingers four times) and I ate more than I should have on Tuesday... and Wednesday.... and a little too much today at a special lunch.

That will probably catch up to me next week. For now,

Last week: 72.9
This week: 72.4
Change: a loss of .5
Total loss so far: 3.6 (ohhhh, I hope it lasts the week! Better get back to the gym)

What I'll do this week: stop eating when I know it's time to stop. I didn't gym on Tuesday, which I decided not to do because of the exhaustion, and it was a good decision. But that doesn't mean I can pig out on whatever I feel like while I rest!

5 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Hey, point five is great given all the temptations that have been in your way. December is always trying from a weight loss perspective.

And sometimes we just have to not do something like going to the gym because our bodies are simply worn out and need a rest. Unfortunately you are right about the not being able to eat your head off thing when you haven't been able to exercise.

Dee said...

some result is better than none, good job

Louisa Claire said...

good work! and you did a great job with the party on Saturday!! glad to hear that you are pacing yourself!

Givinya De Elba said...

Well done! And I like your title for the blog post. Wthursday. Heh.

Femina said...

Well done - any weight loss is amazing with the hugely busy week you've had.

Wait... there was a special lunch today? Was it to celebrate the fact that I'm not in the office for three days?????