What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

1.3kg / 7 days - RESULTS

OK, now Femina's back from the gym I can share (sorry it took a while, but I had some things to do in the kitchen).

This week I have slaved. I have taken my poor body to its limits of exercise endurance. I have not spent as much time blogging or reading because I was rowing.

So now it's time for some results.

Remember the photo I posted at the beginning of Operation Skinny Cow? Well I told myself I shouldn't try taking another one until I'd lost eight kilos, then I should be able to see the difference. Same clothes, same Jen - Look at the difference!

I like this photo. It explains why people can tell that I've lost a little weight. More importantly, I look like I always thought I looked like in my head, then would get shocks when I looked into mirrors. Boy, isn't it great when body image and mirror image are close to each other! I particularly like the way my 3/4 pants now have vertical 'empty' creases, rather than horizontal 'can only just hold the quantity of flesh within me' creases. Yes, you too could see a marked difference if you lost about the same amount as me. Take the photo - even if no-one but you ever sees it.

So the hard results.

Remember, I had 1.3 kilos to lose to get down to my second reward level of eight kilos loss.


Are you ready?



Are you sure you can handle it?




Okay, okay, I'll get down to it... drumroll please...


Around my bust I lost one centimetre, resulting in a total loss of of five centimetres since the 18th October (i.e. 2 months).

I lost half a centimetre around my ribs under my bust. Total loss three centimetres.

I lost nothing around my waist (but it did have a big drop a couple of weeks ago), but that's still a total loss of 5.5 centimetres, which is pretty good.

My tummy was a big winner this week with a reduction of 2.5 centimetres - hooray, at last I'm winning on the belly front! Total loss 6.5 centimetres.

My hips lost 1.5 centimetres, which brings them to a total of 6.5 centimetres. Cooking on gas!

I didn't really think it was possible to lose 2.5 centimetres around the top of my arm, but I've done it! Okay, so that's the total loss. 0.5 was from this week's effort.

I also lost a whole centimetre from around the widest part of my thigh, which means that there are 3.5 extra centimetres of fabric in my trousers than I currently need.

So I've lost heaps and heaps of size this week. All that remains is to let you know whether I've made the 1.3 kilos.

Here goes...

The number of kilograms lost during this week of determination and pushing through my boundaries of physical stamina... point four. Yep, that is not a typo. I've lost the same amount as I did previously with hardly any effort. Isn't it good that I'm losing weight at such a steady, sustainable rate? I couldn't help but laugh. The good news is that I should be within my healthy weight range. I'm going with the theory that I've built muscle this week.

The heading for this post that I would have used if I hadn't wanted to create suspense.

"My mother stole my one point three kilos"

Bad Mother!

The good thing is that I'm not distraught. It's too hilariously funny to be distressing. And I like the photo comparison. I am winning.

6 comments:

Femina said...

You look AMAZING! I'm so proud of you, Skinny Cow!

Givinya De Elba said...

Well done! Congratulations! Those photos tell the story, don't they? How is it your jeans are staying up, it seems you've lost sufficient around the tum to lose your 'drawers'!

Swift Jan said...

AWESOME RESULTS!!!!!!!!!

You look amazing Jen! It is really paying off! Congratulations...

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

Wow! That is so great. YOu are working so hard at it and it is sooo paying off. All that time you spent on the rowing machine was really worthwhile.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Thanks for all your supportive comments.

Yes, Givinya, keeping my jeans up is getting difficult. I can actually pull those off without undoing them. I was planning to use the same clothes to show off my next 8 kilos, but I'm not certain that that will be possible!

You are all so beautiful for not mentioning my actual weight loss (or lack thereof)!

Givinya De Elba said...

It's just that we're all jealous of your upper body tone, which will be balancing out your weight-loss.