What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Weigh-in Wthursday - scary but not terrifying (Femina)

Thanks Manda for "Wthursday"... it's useful to have another day in the week!

Last time I weighed I was 73.5. Actually that's the last time I officially weighed - I've weighed myself at various times over the last fortnight, with sometimes alarming results (don't weigh yourself at the end of the day right after eating a bowl of risotto, that's all I'm saying).

Anyway, today's weight was 74.6. Ouch. To be honest, though, it's not as bad as I expected given what I ate while my parents were here, and given that it's... uh... Lady Time right now. Oh, and given that we had the most amazing staff Christmas lunch yesterday!

I do expect next week to be better as my anxiety and stress levels have decreased quite a lot (hey... and my parents have just gone home again... coincidence???) and so I'm less likely to comfort eat. Now I just have to get back to the gym again. I was loving it for a while there but since I took a break from it I'm finding it very hard to whip up the enthusiasm to go. I'm sure the enthusiasm will come back after I've been a few times so I guess I'll just have to ignore my own whinging and force myself to go. :)

2 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

I'm glad it wasn't terrifying, and although I don't want to make OSC the excuse-supporting blog, sometimes mental health comes first. A very wise contributor once said that to Givinya, and I think it applies here too.

Aren't our bodies silly with the monthly weight-bounce cycle? I'd be so much looking forward to menopause if I didn't know that many women actually struggle to keep their weight down after the hormones give up. *Enormous Sigh*

Femina said...

Oh yeah, I'm not looking forward to the post-menopause, "hey, where did my estrogen go?" belly-spread. At least my monthly weight gain disappears each month - right about the time I stop tearing people limb from limb for breathing too loudly or whatever.

Mental health does come first, but it's a sad fact that my mental health is actually a lot better when I've been exercising regularly. The reason I joined the gym in the first place was to help with depression and it's been GREAT. I'm not depressed now but the gym still helps a lot with stress and mood stuff... so (much as I hate to say this) feel free to nag me about it. Gently! :)