What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Weigh-In Wednesday (Manda)

Last week: 73.6
This week: 72.9
Change: a loss of .7
Total loss so far: 3.1

What did this week: Three lots of excercise (hooray!), better eating and more paying-attention to what I was eating.

What I'll do next week: Three lots of excercise, continuing the Evil Pump Class on Tuesday (not to be confused with the Fun Pump Class on Saturday) with the lady who makes you do it properly and stacks more weight on to your bar once you're already in position so it's too late to change it back. Also not overeating at the first of the parties (the Sunday Club Christmas Party for church, complete with yummy pizza).

Incidental Incentive: Bathing-suit shopping. I went yesterday, and it was a lot better than expected! But I truly have lost all my weight from my back (and a little from my bum) - I've gone down one-and-a-bit bra sizes in the back, and zero cup sizes. Here's hoping that will come eventually, too!

2 comments:

Femina said...

Would you be horribly depressed to hear that when I did Weight Watchers a few years ago I went down a bra size at the back but UP a cup size?? I didn't think it was even possible, but apparently it is.

Congratulations on the loss; and congratulations on going bathing suit shopping without wanting to kill yourself! :) Swimmers are very unforgiving.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Well done on the loss, Mandy. And as for feeling good after swimwear shopping, you must be doing great! I'm not certain I'd be modelling swimwear for myself just yet.

Femina - if you went down a size around it has to go up a cup size to fit the same quantity of cup-filling flesh. It just meant that you didn't lose size in your bumpage. Manda, on the other hand has, but going down in the around size automatically means that the cup size is smaller, despite having the same letter.

Weird I know, but this seems to be the way it works when I have a proper fitting at a proper bra shop. The one good thing about putting on weight around is that I'm no longer a DD. If I keep losing weight around I will be going back to it - although I seem to be losing a little of the bumpy bits as well as at the back. I might just be lucky.