What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Another week, another weigh (Louisa)

I was feeling nervous this week girls...in fact let me share my patheticness (??) with you!

I was due for a weigh in and was feeling OK about it. Realistically aware the loss wouldn't be huge because I weighed in the morning and on a different day last week and would be weighing in the evening this week. That was Wed. At the gym. After my workout.

Wed night come home and say to the hubs "I really feel like eating those Tasty Jacks I bought today for Sunday".

Hubs "We have Tasty Jack's?!?!?"

It's important to note two things here...
1. Hubs is VERY supportive of my quest...he's not a saboteur...just a pain in the bum because he's so super skinny, but that's hardly his fault!
2. Hubs has been longing for Tasty Jacks for about a month now...so it wasn't really fair of me to mention it...though perhaps that was my subconscious being not-so-subtle

Of course, out come the Tasty Jacks (again, I should note that I was the one who got them after HH saying "You just want me to say we should eat them!") and I ate a third of the packet.

Gah!

Then went to Mother's Group on Thurs and was met with a feast of epic proportions.

Double Gah!!

Driving home from Mother's Group on my way to WW and really wasn't sure if I could face seeing that I had gained weight so...enter my patheticness.

I drive near my gym.

I detour to drive past my gym.

I go into my gym, hand over LP to the manager (who is pregnant and clucky) and get on the scales there!!!

Satisfied that it won't be an entire disaster, and just before getting a parking ticket for being parked in a clearway (how desperado is that!) I went off to WW.

Loss 0.4kg.

I'm cool with that.

5 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Yeah, that's a decent loss. Well done!

What's with husbands who eat absolute rubbish until all hours of the night and still look totally smokin'? So. Not. Fair. I can eat 30g of Tasty Jacks (mmm) and it seems I put on 3 kilos.

Givinya De Elba said...

Well no, that's probably not accurate. I can't eat JUST 30g of Tasty Jacks. Who could stop at 30g? That's not human.

Hippomanic Jen said...

It looks like Tasty Jacks should be something I never, ever try...

Welcome to the 400g weight loss party! That's been me for the last few weeks - but how did you do it on top of Tasty Jacks and feasting?

Swift Jan said...

LOL @ stopping by your gym to make sure weigh in wasn't too bad!!
400g is awesome!! Congrats!

Louisa Claire said...

I really have to remember to come back here to check comments after posting! Silly, silly, silly!

Givinya - I know. Tasty Jacks are sooooooooooooo good it's so hard to be controlled. We may or may not have enjoyed another packet since this post...and some doritos. And don't even get me started on the cupcakes! oh dear!!

Jen - Absolutely. They are the best chips ever. Don't go near them ;) Congrats on your awesome loss this week! No idea how I still lost, I think because I was keeping to WW the rest of the time and was hitting the gym.

Swift Jan, thanks! How pathetic am I?!