What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Monday, December 15, 2008

HJ's 1.3kgs in 7 days (Mon)

I've been working on my 1.3kg.

Saturday I started out with a 45 minute row immediately after my weigh-in and reporting. I followed it up that night with another 20 mins. At the end of that time I was starting to get sore muscles across my lower back and didn't want to push it, or I might not have been able to keep rowing for the rest of the week. Sunday morning I didn't have any stiffness, which was good.

I've been doing 10-15 mins at the beginning on the next-heaviest level up (i.e. setting 2 of 12). Last night I sat down to do my Sunday row and discovered that I had left the machine on level 2. That might have been why I was struggling by the 20 min mark on Saturday night. I did my 45 minutes before bed. Hubby and I had also done a 20 minute walk to see a waterfall in the morning after church (wrong shoes have given me a couple of blisters, but I walked).

This morning I was up early and got my 45 minute rowing done. I walked 25 minutes down to the church and back again. Tonight I've done another 46 minutes on the rower.

I'm feeling good and strong in the mornings. It is easier to pull my tum in during normal walking, sitting, etc. I'm hardly thinking about it, but every now and again I become aware that I am doing it. This evening I'm a little tired for some reason.

The odd thing is that the flesh over my tummy and hips has gone soft. I can feel the muscles or bones underneath it, but the top fat layer seems to be spongy. I'm hoping that this means that the fat deposits are emptying, and that on Saturday I'll be able to report a good belly circumference (as well as meeting my ridiculous target).

Onward and upwards.

1 comment:

Givinya De Elba said...

You're an absolute hero! Keep on going! Next time I see you, I will poke your belly to see if you were right. (Kidding.)