What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hip Jen and the Crazy Scales (Givinya)

Last week, I was 67.4 kg.

This morning I was sad to see I was up to 69.7 (gain = 2.3 kg) and then in disbelief, I got on the scales for a second time, and they said 67.2 (loss = 200g)

So I think all my weigh-ins have been for naught! Hippomanic Jen gave me a set of bipolar scales!

Maybe I should take measurements instead of weighing? You can SEE the results in Hip-Jen's recent pics, can't you?

I'll be attacking the problem of the measurements over the next few weeks. Stay Tuned.

1 comment:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Yeah, sorry about the scales. I'm wondering if they need new batteries.

Mine sometimes give me two very different readings and I resolutely take the best of three. For example, my first reading last Saturday would have given me a loss of 0.8, but I took the best of about 15 measures, resulting in my recorded loss of 0.4kg. There was no way it was going down to my first one. I tried.

As for measurements. I like the photo, but it wouldn't show little bits, and I would find a couple of months without any incremental figures too hard. The measuring around is good, but you have to get the same bit of you every week and the tape measure has to be level. So I find it goes up and down too. Again, it's good for occasional use over time.

Try new batteries.

I'm sorry.