What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

My Personal Race into Next Week (HJ)

OK - So I'm not going to presume the scales were broken...

This week I've lost: 1 kilo
Total loss: 6.7kg

Amount to lose before I get my next reward: 1.3 kg.
Can I do that in a week? I'm not certain, but lets give it a go!

It might be an unrealistic weekly goal, although I have done it before. Generally, my weightloss plan was to have loose goals that included losing 2 kilos a month, with a balance month in between to make certain that it was sustainable loss (and a little extra time over Christmas to make up for overindulgence). It was achievable, and therefore likely to keep me motivated (I do much better emotionally when I'm ahead of the game).

My plan was achievable and sustainable as opposed to when I've tried to lose at a fast rate over a small amount of time. That has never worked in the long term. But for one dedicated week to get down to my next goal I'm very, very tempted. Yes, reaching my April goal by Christmas could be really motivating (yep, setting low goals does wonders for my self esteem when I meet them early!?!).

So my plan is that I'm going to aim for rowing once a day for this week, and twice on 4 out of the 7 days. This may just give me the extra fat burnin' power.

The celebration for me this week is that I've got under a large, unspecified round number that I'll be glad never to see again. This weightloss is for good.

I'm also at my lightest since March 2006 (and bearing down on it at a great rate of knots). I'm also within reach of the top of my BMI / healthy weight range (they are the same for my height). I'll certainly be able to get to that this week - even if I only lose what I had been thinking of as my usual 0.4 kg.

So I have a goal range for this week. I want to lose between 0.3kg (to get within my healthy weight range) and 1.3kg (to get to my next goal). Both are considered a win. One is a slightly unreasonable goal as an incentive for additional exercise and treat avoidance.

Tune in same time, same place next week.

Oh, and I won't be posting until Femina has been to the gym. (he, he, he)

5 comments:

Femina said...

Congratulations! There's nothing wrong with stepping it up a bit - your long term goals are still realistic. So long as you won't be a sobbing mess if you fail to lose the 1.3kg this week!

Gym on Tuesday, I promise! :) I can't go while my parents are here and they don't leave until Monday. On Tuesday it will be a fortnight since I've been (note the weigh-in silence from me this week) so I suspect my poor body will have a little shock. Maybe it's what I need...

Givinya De Elba said...

Jen you are amazing! Well done, and Keep On Going!

Sweet Cheeks said...

Just popping in from SITS! I love the name of your site!! Love it! Good job with your loss. I am simply convinced my scale is stuck!

Louisa Claire said...

Good luck!! You're going great guns!!

Swift Jan said...

Jen you are doing fantastically!!!! So proud of you :))