What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hey, it's Wednesday! (Femina)

What do you know? It's Wednesday! I've been on leave for the last few days and only came back to work today, therefore my brain thinks it's Monday... and to confuse things even further, someone who usually only works here on Fridays came in today for our staff Christmas lunch, so when I'm not thinking it's Monday today I think it's Friday.

In short, I'm very confused and therefore didn't even think about weighing in this morning. I only weigh in the mornings so it will have to wait until tomorrow. (See how I resisted the temptation to write "it will have to weight"?? Ar ar.)

Hope everyone else is having a good Skinny Cow week. See you on Wthursday.

5 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Should I say I'm looking forward to it? Or is it scary?

Femina said...

That depends.... are you looking forward to hearing that I'm at least a kilo heavier than the last time I weighed in and that I haven't been to the gym for a fortnight? However, there were extenuating circumstances, as you know, so I'm really not getting anxious about it. (Wait - is it bad that OSC has helped me to be more laid-back about weight gain???) Hehe.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Yeah, that could be scary, but I'm glad that you're not anxious about it. And we'll all be here no matter the outcome.

I'm just weird at the moment. Since I've been rowing I've always lost weight during the week. So now I get excited about weigh-in day (I don't stand on the scales any other day) because I want to know how much I've lost. Is that bad?

Then I can't wait to brag... I mean blog about it. Is that even worse?

Sometimes I'm a terrible specimen of humanity.

Good Luck.

Femina said...

If you're a bad specimen of humanity then so am I, because I can assure you there'll be major gloating... errr... I mean... quiet humility if by some freakish miracle I've lost weight this week. Or any other week when I lose weight.

I'm actually more excited about YOUR weight loss this week - I can't wait to see whether you managed the 1.3kg!

Hippomanic Jen said...

Yeah. Neither can I! I feel like I've worked for whatever it is this week. It'd be my luck if it's less than normal!