What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Femina, have you been to the gym yet?

Well all my little bovine friends, I've done my weigh-in.

I'm not posting results until Femina comments that she's been to the gym (she told me to nag her), so until then I'm trying to type with a poker face. Is it working?

I didn't get my second row done on Thursday. There was a carol service and I didn't make the time before hand (I would have needed a shower and didn't have time for both) and it was too late to start after.

But I made up for it with two rows yesterday. This means that I did the 11 sessions that I had aimed for - totalling 12,800 repitions in the week. I thought that was quite impressive.

I'm going to go back to normal now. I was really pushing my maximum exercise limit. I came off a horse some years ago and did something nasty to my tailbone. Let's just say that the time limit on my rowing sessions towards the end of the week has been less about how my arms, legs, back or cardio-vascular system has been going and more about whether my backside can take the weight anymore as I roll back. Actually, it forced me to find a new feet position and that in turn exercised some different thigh muscles, so it may not be a bad thing.

Waiting for Femina to comment.

3 comments:

Femina said...

Aarrgghh!!! You are a cruel, cruel woman! :) I'm going out to pick up my new glasses, so I should have no problem finding the gym after that. I shall post again after I get back. (Sorry to everyone else who has to wait...)

Givinya De Elba said...

ARGH!

Femina said...

I've been!! It was a short workout because... well, because I'm fat and unfit and I haven't been to the gym in three weeks so I was struggling... but anyway I've been and I sweated and everything, so please post your results now. :)