What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

300 grams - better than a chair with three legs ...


Hello girls - better late than never ....
Well I did do the Wednesday weigh - in and 300 grams was gone. This is a good thing :) And I am happy as it is still stepping in the right direction.

I have added weights to the pro-active list now. MIC has moved the weight bench to the back deck. Being the encouraging boy he is he has set up two weight ranges - one for him and the piddly tiny ones for me.

I love the weights. I only do three kinds - here are the technical descriptions ...

1) the lying down on you back pushing your arms up holding the weight bar.

2) the siting up with legs pushing the leg thingo out then up.

and my least fav ....

3) lying on your tum doing the leg curl thingo back towards your butt.

Why do I love weights .... cos I like to feel strong. After all the wee lads are not so wee anymore and I like to be able to fling them round a bit .... MIC tells me I am pressing all of 10kgs ...

Anyways I won't ever be HUGE !!
Congrats to all of you who have done so well this week - you are an inspiration ! And the girls who stayed put - well your determination to move forward is awesome !!
Best to all - le

3 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Congrats Le. Yeah, better than a chair with three legs!

Hippomanic Jen said...

300grams, well done. And good on you for getting moving, even if it's 'only' 10 kg.

Dee said...

First time I ever did weights, I think I pressed about 5 kg - how embarrasing!

Love your technical terms