What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Friday, November 28, 2008

I made it! (Louisa)

Hi girls

I weighed in today despite the many obstacles, foremost my will to do it. In the end I decided that I could do with either being encouraged or kicked in the butt!

I was encouraged!

1.1kg loss this week. I did weigh in the morning and normally do it in the evening but I am taking the loss none-the-less and will just factor it in to next week's weigh...or will just start going in the morning from now on :)

Total loss so far, 4.4kg!

All this means is that soon I'll be able to fit into some of my pre-pregnancy clothes...but hey, it's a start!!

Hope you all enjoy the weekend :)

5 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Well done! 4.4 kilos is not to be sneezed at. I think it's the best of all of us so far. So CONGRATULATIONS, you Skinny Cow!- you get to be 'Her Bovinity' for at least the next week. I want to know how you did it!

Fitting pre-pregnancy clothes would be a really good reward in itself.

Aren't you wishing you'd had the willpower to weigh-in earlier when it's such a good result?

I'm actually excited about weighing in tomorrow. I'm back into the rowing (although the enthusiasm didn't kick in until half-way through the week) and I'm noticing I'm feeling slim through the torso. I found that I have a pair of 3/4 pants that I can wriggle out of without undoing the button or zip (not quite at the fall off stage, but getting close). I don't recommend showing this achievement to husbands, although I now know that I have 2 pairs of 3/4 pants that I can wriggle out of...

I'm thinking I'm going to have happy numbers, and I may need to buy a few new clothes a little earlier than anticipated. I'm not certain that my Church slacks will be able to support the box-thing for the lapel mike without high risk of incredible embarrassment. What a problem to have!

Femina said...

CONGRATULATIONS! 4.4kg is more than just "a start" - it's a big achievement. Go to the shops and pick up 4.4kg of potatoes (or any vege) and feel the weight of it. It's a lot to come off one person. (Am I the only one who does this?? I really appreciate my achievement when I have a tangible example of what X kg really feels like.)

Hippomanic Jen said...

That's a good idea, Femina. I'm off to pick up 4kg of spuds...

Dee said...

Great job Louisa!

Givinya De Elba said...

Well done! I am in awe, and beginning to get re-inspired again.