What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

The bacon had my name on it

Hi Cowgirls! I totally loved that retreat that Swift Jan and I went on! Swift Jan did an AWESOME job of organising it - she's a wonder.

I wasn't planning on falling off the wagon, but I did, sorta. And the funny thing is, although I didn't crave sweet stuff and I didn't feel like I needed it, IT WAS THERE so I just had it. Hopeless. Not having junk food in the house is a large part of my defence system. Not all that infallible, is it?

And there was bacon for breakfast on Saturday morning. Grr. It was good though.

There was a fair bit of chocolate, and the sweet hot chocolate drinks were pretty awesome. I'm the sort of person who can eat 30g of chocolate and appear to immediately put on 3kg - I'm not sure how that works, but I think it's a verifiable fact.

I had the opportunity to watch the eating habits of my Skinny Friends. Their eating habits were a little like how mine use to be. They'd have smaller portions and get full quicker. Then they'd be back for morning tea. I've never been convinced that snacking is the way to go, so I've tried to avoid morning and afternoon tea, focussing on a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner. The thing is, it takes a lot to fill me up.

There might be something in all that. I'll experiment with that this week.

But I'm dreading weigh-in Wednesday. Just so you know.

3 comments:

Swift Jan said...

I had the bacon too

Femina said...

I would have had the bacon if I'd been there. I can give up many things but nothing will induce me to give up bacon.

There's something about retreats and church camps... maybe it's the country air, but I'm always absolutely ravenous when I go on a retreat. At no other time in my life will I have porridge and follow it up with toast and perhaps bacon too, but on a retreat that always seems like an appropriate amount to eat. And then there are the morning teas...

Givinya De Elba said...

I was ravenous! My huge appetite was commented on. And that was totally deserved. I was honest and told about my observations of Skinny Cowgirls' eating habits. An interesting discussion.