What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Weigh-In Wednesday (Femina)

Actually I'm going with Weigh-In Tuesday, because I weighed myself yesterday morning and I'd lost a kilo, but when I weighed myself this morning I'd stayed the same.  So clearly today's weight is wrong and yesterday's was right. The vital stats are:

Starting weight: 72kg
Weight two weeks ago: 73kg
Weight last week: 73kg

Weight this week: 72kg
Loss: 1kg

Obviously I've just lost the kilo I put on two weeks ago so technically I'm back where I started, but hey - a loss is a loss and I'm definitely counting it.

I haven't been to the gym or done any exercise for over a fortnight - which, as Manda pointed out to me this morning, may be one of the reasons I've had more episodes of insomnia lately.  In any case, I do need to get back to it, so I have my gym clothes with me and plan to go straight after work today.  Ask me about it - I need accountability!!  I'm having a re-assessment at the gym next Tuesday and I'm going to get them to take measurements too (they only do that if you ask for it) so I can start using that as an indicator. The assessments are 5 or 6 weeks apart so unless I do absolutely nothing for the next month I'm sure to see a difference next time they take measurements.

4 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Ohhhh. The light has dawned. I've not been exercising. I've not been sleeping. I knew that, but had conveniently forgotten.

Well done on losing that kilo! I fully support the fact that you lost it, whenever you happened to find it!

Good Luck with the gym reassessment and the measurements. I like measurements because they give me an idea of my actual appearance of size. I don't care if I'm 600 or 60 kilos, as long as I fit into my clothes and look OK.

Swift Jan said...

Well done on 1 kilo!!

Dee said...

Good job on that Kilo

Le said...

good luck with the gym thing matey - I hope it is motivational and not a yukky experience - le