What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Celebrate with Meee!!! (HJ)

I've reached my first goal of 4 kg! Actually, 4.1kg (9 pounds!), but the main thing is to reach one of my interim goals. One quarter of the way along my total goal route.

So I now graduate my Grade 1 weightloss, with the aim of maintaining it over the Christmas Season.

Best yet, I'm now eligible for a massage!


And I don't know how I did it, because I had a few pig-outs on chippies, and only did 3 small rowing sessions. (I tell ya, it's those non-green veges and fruit that stack on the weight!)

I don't know how I've gone from sold on rowing to putting it off. I used to feel good and was sleeping better, and any excuse I was on it in the evening, even if I'd rowed in the morning. I did 20 minutes the other night and could have continued, but couldn't be bothered. I need a mind-set transplant. Mind you, the last couple of row sessions have got me back to sleeping OK, so it doesn't take much. (and I never should have said that, because now I won't sleep tonight)

It might be easier to walk a couple of days a week now. I might have found myself a walking partner - which means I have to set aside the time.

This coming week:
- back to 4 rows and 4 walks (30 mins each)
I will try to control chippie pogging - no hassles for today - Hubby finished off my packet last night. Still on the elimination diet, so there's no chance of other naughties. This might be the secret to the no effort weightloss I'm currently experiencing.

I hope this week is going well for everyone else. I'll exercise if you will! :)

Bovinity, here we come!

6 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Con-grat-u-LATIONS!!

You've done so well!

Femina said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! You've done really really well - you definitely deserve that massage. (Or cheesecake... oh, wait, wrong blog...)

Le said...

ya hooo - go get massaged !! le

Louisa Claire said...

Congatulations!! That's fantastic! Enjoy the massage :)

Dee said...

How great! The only time I ever lost anywhere near 9 pounds, it was when I had a baby.... (7 pounds actually)

Great effort

Swift Jan said...

HOORAY FOR HJ!! Congratulations!! WEll done!!! Enjoy your massage :)