What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Although I was asked this week if I was pregnant... (HJ)

After being asked if I was pregnant on Thursday night I was a trifle concerned about my obvious weight gain. I should have remembered that I probably haven't seen that particular acquaintance since the beginning of the year when I had lost a bit of weight (before putting it all back on).

But then again, I have done a grand total of 10 mins rowing and no walking.

I have probably had more naughties than planned. Due to the fact that the elimination diet restricts what I can have, I've been having golden syrup on my rice porridge and almost daily small serves of plain potato chips (craving salt - or any flavour at all, really). Obviously it's the non-green veges and fruit that stack on the weight! ;)

But then again my naughties of chocolate, cheesecake or other temptations have been out of reach, so maybe not.

I'm tempted to go into numbers, but like Givinya I don't want to be compared with others because, frankly, one of us has to lose out!

Loss this week:
1.5kg (3.3 pounds* - he, he, he)
2cm off my waist
2.5cm off my tummy (so I'm actually less pregnant-looking than I was a week ago)

These results could well include the expected monthly fluctuation.

Loss overall:
3.7kg (8.1 pounds* - now isn't that spectacular!)
This means I only have to lose 0.3 of a kg to reach my first celebration milestone!
2cm around my ribs under my bust
4cm off my waist
3.5 off my tum
3cm off my hips
1.5cm off around the top of my upper arm.

The plan for this week:
So, obviously the elimination diet is working (actually, as it is not designed as a weight-loss diet, the authors do suggest that I increase my calorific/fats intake if I were to find myself losing weight - yeah right! ), but I will continue to have golden syrup on my porridge and small serves of potato chips.

I will get back into the groove of exercise, but honestly, I'm still feeling the post-cold lethargy and a little light-headed and shaky (possibly from the additional Ventolin to help me breathe). Small amounts of rowing are probably best because I can stop immediately if I begin to feel dizzy/shaky, rather than having a 10 minute walk home.

So I'm having another gentle week, and hope to lose 300 grams, which would result in a massage.

*WARNING:
Do not under any circumstances take my cheeky method of working out what I've lost in pounds (because the larger number makes me feel good) and applying it to your current weight or how much you have to lose. One is horrifying, the other is depressing and both are de-motivating. Just. Don't. Do it.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Good job!

Golden syrup on rice porridge... mmm sounds nice...

Swift Jan said...

You are on a roll Hip Jen!!! Kepp up the awesome work :)