What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Humph. (Givinya)

This week, starting on last Weigh-In Wednesday, I've been in a completely different place.

Last Tuesday, my biggest life goal was to lose weight.

Starting last Wednesday, my biggest goal has been basic emotional survival.

I've been violently opposed to moving, distraught about moving, accepting about moving, tentatively excited about moving, terrified about moving and absolutely sick in the guts about moving.

When it all comes down to it, I don't want to move. It's a truly bad idea.

I have exercised zero times, had a few nights of weight-decreasing worrying, had a few days of Dammit I'll Eat What I Want To, and a good dose of I-don't-care-how-fat-I-get.

Net result: 68 kilos, after the mindless drinking of water first thing in the morning. Approximately the same, maybe a slight gain.

I've just had a phone call from the beautiful kindy teacher at Sonny's new kindy for next year, asking if we are moving or we aren't moving ... because someone else really needs the kindy place if we're moving ...?

I got off the phone and collapsed in a puddle of tears. If I play it safe and pull him out (of the nice kindy that was supposed to make up for all the crap I've had to put up with from this year's ghastly kindy teacher) well, that is really beginning to cut ties with this place that I love in a very real way.

I talked to Mr de Elba and we decided to keep him in kindy for Term 1. We can't envisage being ready to move before Easter anyway. At least it will keep him out of my hair 3 days a week for packing and stuff. And I get to feel like I've sent him to the lovely kindy at least for a few months, even if there's nowhere with a spare place for him for the rest of the year in Toowoomba.

I guess in that case, he can have a "gap" year, like a lot of school-leavers have before starting Uni.

Ha ha ha haa aa a a sob sob sob ...

7 comments:

Swift Jan said...

((hugs))
I think having SmJ in for term 1 is a great idea....

Femina said...

Emotional health is EVERY BIT AS IMPORTANT as physical health. If you need to forget about Skinny Cow-ness and go into survival mode for now, then that's what you need to do. What's the point of being a skinny emotional wreck? Seriously, do whatever you need to do in order to care for yourself.

Hugs and prayers...

Manda said...

That sounds really hard for you. There isn't much to say, except for prayers and hopes - you'll have ours.

Hippomanic Jen said...

The emotional roller coaster that is moving location, house, life.

Thoughts and prayers for you, and hoping you can regain the tentative excitment stage.

Kindy for term 1 sounds like an excellent plan.

Givinya De Elba said...

Thankyou all, you lovely wonderful people. I really need your words of encouragement right now!

Dee said...

I dont know what to say!! I really feel for you, I hate moving, and I hope you can get some emotional peace soon. Keep the little man in Kindy as long as possible,where you are and just put yourself on a few waiting lists in Toowoomba "just in case".

Le said...

I have given darling boy the last two semesters off kindy - just not worth the dramas - for us or him ... weight loss is not an easy task in the middle of high drama - I have sent you an email directly - cheers le