What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Monday, November 3, 2008

A must read

Hey girls

I just read this amazing post over at Her Bad Mothers Basement. I really encourage you all to check it out.

One of the main reasons I've joined the gym and WW is because I want to be an example to LP (who I fear has my metabolism) that it is possible to eat well and be a healthy weight. I want to show her that it can be done, properly. I did my Honours Thesis on the representation of women's bodies in the Australian media in the 1970s and during my research the message that came through to me is that while not all women have eating disorders, many have a disordered approach to eating.

At the same time I don't want to pass on to her my battle and this post has something powerful to say about the power of words and the message we send to our kids, both daughters and sons, about weight and how you need to be.

Hope you enjoy!