What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Monday, November 10, 2008

No-Weigh Week (Femina)

Well, kind of a no-weigh week. So far I've maintained my same weight this week... but Wednesday is my birthday and tomorrow is a birthday brunch with a couple of friends. Oh, and on Thursday night at Bible study we're having ice-cream cake made for me by a 16-year-old boy - made as only a 16-year-old can. We're talking a layer of chocolate, studded with Maltesers, then a layer of Cherry-Ripe-laced strawberry, then a layer of Crunchie-encrusted vanilla.

So given that it's a part-ay week I think I need to admit right now that there's no point weighing in on Wednesday! :) I don't plan to go overboard, but there will definitely be cake.

Update:
Okay, I just bit the bullet and weighed myself. I weigh the same as last Wednesday. Given what I ate yesterday this is nothing short of a miracle. It was a GOOD birthday brunch. It wasn't good FOR me, but it was good. Chocolate mousse with raspberry sauce for morning tea (which, I'm ashamed to say, was in fact breakfast for me), a huge BLT for lunch with chips on the side, 1/3 of a piece of cookies-and-cream cheesecake (we weren't exercising restraint; we were just too full to eat more than that), several pots of English Breakfast tea... I have it black with no sugar so it didn't add to the calories, but normally I drink decaf tea so between the tea and the sugar I was completely wired and hardly got any sleep last night. Consequently, for my birthday today I look about 58 instead of 38! :) I don't care, though - it was a wonderful day with two very dear friends and I wouldn't have changed it for anything.

I have two more cakes and two birthday dinners to get through. I shall try to exercise more restraint because I'm feeling the effects today of yesterday's overeating.

4 comments:

Dee said...

Happy Birthday! enjoy your cake, whats a birthday without cake?

Lynda said...

Hey - so glad I could give you a laugh - and we are almost birthday sisters! I have a cake too - but no time to eat it because I have to go to a PTA meeting at school at the ungodly hour of 8:30am... what were they thinking and why did I ever join! As if having kids isn't punishment enough!

Hippomanic Jen said...

Well done not to put on anything! I'm a strong believer in seasonal treats. If we eat right for most of the year, we will lose some pudginess - and to have some times where we celebrate is not going to compromise bovinity in the least.

So enjoy, and I so much wish I was part of the any of the parties described because that would be just plain yummy.

Le said...

happy birthday cow girl ! le