What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Friday, November 7, 2008

Where's the Pedometer?

I wish I had had a pedometer on me yesterday. In the morning, I did my Field Research in a paddock, traipsing round for an hour and a half, in the stinking heat. Sweat stinging my eyes.

Then I had to go while away 2 hours at the shopping centre, and I walked the length and breadth of it 4 times, not counting walking around in the shops themselves. I even pushed the trolley with the two girls in it up the ramp, did not use the escalator.

(I was searching for red shirts and white sand shoes for the girls' Christmas dance presentation, and being a penny pincher, it took a while - did not end up with the sand shoes but got 2 nice shirts for $8)

I am trying to think how long the centre is , I think maybe its about 1km long so I did a fair bit of walking yesterday...... good exercise.

3 comments:

Swift Jan said...

Good on you!!! Thats awesome! Somedays a pedometre would be handy! I have one. I just never wear it!

Hippomanic Jen said...

I love unintentional exercise. The whole concept of not having to set aside time to specifically do exercise is wonderful.

My Hubby has a more active job, and has no weight problem. I sit at my computer and get bigger.

Have I mentioned that I love unintentional exercise?

Le said...

ikk - I hate these hot, muggy days ... no fun at all.

Good call on the shopping centre walking - I know Chermside Westfield has a walkers club that prowls the corridors at aound 6am every morning - I am such a window shopper I'd be hopeless !! hugs le