What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Weigh-in Wednesday (Manda)

Last week: 76
This week: 75
Change: a loss of 1 kilo! Hooray!
Total loss: 1 kilo

This is officially the lightest I've been since about... year 10?

Meanwhile, I've come to the realisation that a non-digital scale - analog? - is perhaps not the most precise of tools (picture me trying to balance while squatting low enough to read the dial).

What I did this week:
- Exercised three times. 1 pump class, 1 basketball match (we were smashed), 1 "funfit" class
- Ate well. I stuck to my points values on most days, and ate a lot less from the cupboard. I didn't do much comfort eating.

What I'll do next:
- Keep excersing, aiming for three times this week
- Get better at sticking to the points for dinner (a few times I went over what I should have, simply by not choosing to check along the way).

Rewards:
- For 2.5 kilos, I'll reward myself with a 30-minute massage
- For 5 kilos, I'll reward myself with a facial
- For 6 kilos, the big goal, I'll reward myself with a lovely new dress in whatever size I happen to be.
- And then, for staying at (or under) 70 kilos one month after I reach the Big Goal, I'll reward myself with... ooooh, a day trip to somewhere splurgy.

(Note: Today is Femina's Birthday, and I'm about to eat cake. I am allowing for this, and won't let it put me off my Skinny Cow Goals.)

Edit: One set of scales had me at 75.5 to 74.5, but I decided to stick with the heavier scales until I buy a digital set.

4 comments:

Femina said...

Congratulations! One kilo is very exciting. Yeah, definitely invest in digital scales.

Thanks for sharing birthday cake with me. :)

Givinya De Elba said...

Well done, and congrats. Enjoy the cake.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Well done on the kilo! That's defintely worth celebrating.

I find digital scales are better, although I do reference Givinya's woes. I guess it depends on your eyesight whether you can even see the digital numbers - but I find the decimal points good for the weeks I only lose part of a kilo.

Enjoy the cake.

Le said...

fabbo matey - this is huge - since year ten - excellent achievement :)