What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Would you like a coffee? (Givinya)

Whose bright idea was it to have no sugar in drinks?

Now that I've promised you that I won't be having sugar in my drinks, I tend to decline them altogether. No point chugging down something I don't like is there? Whenever someone asks me if I'd like a coffee, I can honestly reply "No," because I know that I simply won't enjoy it if I accept.

Eating healthy is getting easier. The healthier I eat, the less rubbish I crave.

I was going to tell you how I used to have no trouble staying thin. I used to (until Sonny Ma-Jiminy was born) have the most revolting panic attacks. In those ghastly years, I'd often be unable to eat much, but force down a little bit of whatever I could manage. I'd feel sick a lot of the time and when it was really bad, I'd have vomitting and diarrhoea to make it all that more tricky.

I always wanted to have a little more on my bones, but couldn't keep it on. But the panic attacks were so bad that I never really cherished my skinny cow-ness. I always said I'd rather be fat and happy.

And now I am! Congratulations, me.

So now, although I hope to lose weight, I acknowledge that I'm better off not having those ghastly attacks.

Now here's an interesting thing. Big life changes going down here at the de Elbas. It looks like we may have to move house and follow a great job opportunity in Toowoomba. Exciting in many ways, but totally devastating to leave the place we love so much. And guess what else ... panic attacks!

They've been mild and intermittant, but over the first night after hearing the news of Mr de Elba's job offer, I lost a kilo.

When I get my head around this huge thing, I'll be relying on blogging a lot to help me process this - it's a big thing for me to contemplate! And if you're a praying person ... I'm going to need a lot of prayer!

4 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

I hope the change all goes well and at a pace that you can cope with it.

It will be nice to have you a little closer, but I'm hoping that the panic attacks don't assist you to lose too much weight too quickly.

Never doubt that I'm thinking of and praying for you.

Dee said...

Good luck with your future move.. I panic at the thought of moving just in general, without the history or panic attacks, so I am sure its hard for you. Will be thinking of you.

Femina said...

I think coffee and tea, in any form, is an acquired taste anyway. None of us liked it when we first tried it but we kept drinking it because that's what grown-ups do.

Oh dear, that is NOT a good way to lose weight. I've experienced similar and I both sympathise and empathise. And I shall pray!

Swift Jan said...

K I will be praying for you guys ((hugs))