What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What? It's Wednesday?

How did Wednesday come up so fast?
I have not done a great deal the last week. A bit more on the bike, bit more fruit....

Tried out "Equal" and "Sweet and Low" for my sugar addiction, but can't take it! Ugh!
Coffee is just not the same. Anyone tried the others?

I worry a bit with all the artificial sweeteners, they are chemicals I guess, after all is said and done.

So maybe a bit of weaning is due... but its haaard!

4 comments:

Femina said...

I gave up sugar in my coffee accidentally when I shared a house with someone who kept forgetting to put it in mine (she didn't take sugar). Most of the time I was too lazy to get up... so in fact my laziness contributed to my health. :) Anyway if you're only having two or three cups a day it's not that big a deal to have real sugar - unless, of course, it makes you crave sugar and eat lots of other sugary things.

Even a little bit of effort is good. Good on you for the bike and the extra fruit - you'll see the results of that in a while.

Givinya De Elba said...

Well done! It's hard to have your coffee a different way isn't it?

Swift Jan said...

artificial sweeter = yuck!!!

I'd rather go wothout I think. It's probably a good thing that I am not a huge coffee drinker.

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

yeah I agree that those artificial sugars are a bit dodgy. I keep seeing articles that say they are linked to health problems and that makes me wonder...

I have tried fruit sugar(I bought it in Coles )- which is apparently natural and not bad for you but I found I had to add LOTs to get the sugary taste.