What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Weigh-In Wednesday (Manda)

So, in response to last week's trouble with reading the scales, I bought an electronic set. Thus, I can be completely sure of myself when I say

Last week: 75
This week: 74.1
Change: a loss of .9 kilos 
Total loss so far: 1.9 kilos

What I did this week:
I struggled a bit more with party food on Saturday, but got over it and back on the... wagon? I exercised twice, one short of the three I had planned. I'm finding that exercising is helping me sleep (thus the theory in Femina's post).

What I'll do next: Keep the exercise up, with the added bonus of buying a sports top along the way (ooh, and a proper sports bra! Good thinking!)

6 comments:

Femina said...

Hey, well done on the loss (and the new scales).

Sports bras changed my life. Once I had a decent one I realised that it's possible to use a cross-trainer without pain.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Well done on the 0.9! You are truly motoring, particularly given that you had planned more exercise than you did.

And congratulations on your new scales.

I hate the shape sports bras give, but they do cut down on bounce. When I used to ride horses I used to wear a really good (read expensive) Berlei sports bra with one of those little athletic tops that the itty bitty girls can get away with (2 sizes too small) over the top of it. I used to call it 'being trussed up like a chicken', but there was very little movement. Much more comfortable for attempting a sitting trot (or 'jiggle like jelly' trot, if you prefer).

Hippomanic Jen said...

Basically when horseriding, you can't cross your arms across your chest to stop bounce. I'd imagine a cross-trainer would have the same limitation.

Femina said...

I'm sure people with a sense of balance could cross their arms across their chest while on a cross-trainer. I am not one of those people. I have to stop fully in order to have a sip of water, whilst other people sip water with one hand, change songs on their ipod with the other hand and chat jauntily to their friend at the same time, without missing a beat on the trainer.

Dee said...

Sports bras are a must, I'm with Jen, horseringing is torture without one, and they are beneficial for gym work too.

Studies say a decent nights sleep does aid weight loss.

Le said...

well done - nice work :) le